Following some technical difficulties, the first NTSA Club Instructors course is back on again. It will be held in Wilkinstown Community Hall on Sunday, March 15.
The instructors will be Geoff Cooney (ISSF Class C) and Matt Fox (ISSF Class C).
This is envisaged as being the route to getting trained coaches in every NTSA club, so we strongly urge volunteers to sign up.
This course is the first step towards the NTSA Club Coach Course, which will be run later this year, and graduation from this course will be a prerequisite for that course.
The aims of this course are to prepare instructors to effectively coach ISSF rifle and pistol shooting training at club level andto develop coaching skills – planning, organisation, demonstration, analysis, provision of feedback and evaluation skills – so that coaches can plan and deliver a safe and enjoyable training programme for Club Shooters.
The course will run for one day from 0900 to 1700 with breaks for coffee and lunch.
Fourteen places are available for this course.
Participants on the course must:
- Be a member of the NTSA and a club/other body
- Be approved by the NTSA through their club/other body
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Pay course fee of 50 euro
- Submit written requirements 7 days before start of the course
- Have passion to develop the sport
- Be willing to develop own skills and knowledge
Course candidates will be required to submit certain documentation to the NTSA 7 days before the start of the course. This comprises four (three for pistol coaches) essays of 250 words (half an A4 page) or more, discussing what the participant feels are the important aspects of the following topics:
- Firearms safety
- For rifle instructors: standing position, prone position and kneeling position
- For pistol instructors: air pistol and 25m pistol
Course candidates should contact Mark Dennehy by email at